The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Visitors are not required to quarantine upon arrival. If an individual tests positive for COVID, they are required to isolate for 7 days.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Saudi Arabia? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- Testing facilities exist throughout Saudi Arabia. Saudi citizens and non-Saudi nationals can visit to obtain a COVID-19 test. The Ministry of Health has also set up Taakad (تأكد) clinics throughout the Kingdom where people can book an appointment for testing. Such advance appointments are available through the Sehhaty app or the Tawakkalna app. Test results will be delivered through the app within 24-72 hours. Test results received on the apps are not sufficient for travel outside of the Kingdom. Private hospitals and clinics charge a fee for COVID-19 testing. Cost, delivery method, and timing of results varies. Some facilities can electronically deliver results within 24 hours or less. A list of private testing sites can be found at: https://covid19.cdc.gov.sa/ar/approved-covid-19-laboratories-ar/private-laboratories-ar/. he Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 937 on your local phone.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information:
- Are vaccines available in Saudi Arabia for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Saudi Arabia is currently administering the Pfizer and Moderna COVID vaccines for free to all citizens, residents, or holders of visit visas in the Kingdom.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Holders of visit visas are now able to receive a COVID-19 vaccination in Saudi Arabia. Visitors can obtain additional information on vaccination centers by calling 937, the Ministry of Health’s communication center toll-free number.For more information, please visit: https://www.moh.gov.sa/
- Vaccination Registration Web Portal: The Government of Saudi Arabia has created a web portal for travelers to the Kingdom to register their vaccination data to expedite entry procedures into the Kingdom. https://muqeem.sa/#/vaccine-registration/register.
- Saudi Ministry of Health (English): https://www.moh.gov.sa/en/Pages/default.aspx
- Ministry of Health Twitter account (Arabic): https://twitter.com/saudimoh?lang=en
- Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs (English): https://twitter.com/KSAmofaEN
- General Authority on Civil Aviation (English): https://gaca.gov.sa/web/en-gb/page/home
- COVID-19 Guidelines by Saudi Ministry of Health: https://www.moh.gov.sa/en/Ministry/MediaCenter/Publications/Pages/covid19.aspx Within Saudi Arabia: Ministry of Health has opened a call center available at 937 for questions on Coronavirus.
- COVID-19 crisis page on Travel.State.Gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- State.Gov Country Information and Travel Advisory page