Mission of the United States of America
in Saudi Arabia
SECURITY MESSAGE FOR U.S. CITIZENS
14 November 2017
The United States Mission in Saudi Arabia advises U.S. citizens of the continuing threat posed by ballistic missiles fired by rebels in Yemen at Saudi Arabia.
In the past year, rebels have fired several long-range missiles into Saudi Arabia that were capable of reaching the vicinities of Riyadh and Jeddah, and they have publicly stated their intent to continue doing so. The most recent attack on November 4, 2017 resulted in debris falling near King Khalid International Airport north of Riyadh.
U.S. citizens should review the State Department’s Travel Warning for Saudi Arabia and carefully consider the risks of travel to the country.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Saudi Arabia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia at +966 11 488 3800, the U.S. Consulate General Dhahran at +966 13 330 0464, and the U.S. Consulate General Jeddah at +966 12 667-0080.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook