Event: The Embassy is no longer tracking reports of missiles or drones headed toward Riyadh. However, the Embassy advises American citizens to continue to exercise increased caution in Saudi Arabia due to terrorism and the threat of missile and drone attacks on civilian targets. Read our full advisory here https://sa.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/.
Reminder of Actions to Take During Missile/Drone Events:
- If you hear a loud explosion or if sirens are activated, immediately seek cover.
- If in a home or a building, go to the lowest level of the structure with the fewest exterior walls, windows, and openings; close any doors and sit near an interior wall, away from any windows or openings.
- If you are outdoors, immediately seek cover in a hardened structure; if that is not possible, lie down and cover your head with your hands.
- Be aware that even if the incoming missile or drone is intercepted, falling debris represents a significant risk.
- After the attack, stay away from any debris, and monitor major news outlets for official guidance.
For Assistance Contact:
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Saudi Arabia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.