Event: There are media reports of intercepted air targets over Riyadh. The U.S. Embassy Riyadh urges U.S. citizens to review immediate precautions to take in the event of an attack and stay alert in case of additional future attacks.
Actions to Take:
- If you hear a loud explosion or if sirens are activated, immediately seek cover.
- If in a home or a building, go to the lowest level of the structure with the fewest exterior walls, windows, and openings; close any doors and sit near an interior wall, away from any windows or openings.
- If you are outdoors, immediately seek cover in a hardened structure; if that is not possible, lie down and cover your head with your hands.
- Be aware that even if the incoming missile or drone is intercepted, falling debris represents a significant risk.
- After the attack, stay away from any debris, and monitor major news outlets for official guidance.
For Assistance Contact:
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security alerts
Follow us on Twitter