Security Alert – U.S. Mission Saudi Arabia, June 27, 2020
Event: On June 26, 2020, the Department of State authorized the voluntary departure of non-emergency U.S. personnel and family members from the U.S. Mission to Saudi Arabia, which is comprised of the Embassy in Riyadh and the Consulates General in Jeddah and Dhahran, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Mission will continue to provide limited passport and other services to American citizens on an appointment-only basis, as resources permit; appointments can be requested by contacting the relevant American Citizens Services Unit at the email address listed below. Assistance in the event of an emergency is available at any time by calling the Embassy or one of the Consulates General at the numbers listed below.
The Mission continues to work with Saudi authorities to facilitate repatriation flights to the United States during the period in which international air travel is suspended due to COVID-19; information about currently scheduled flights is available in the Health Alerts issued on June 24 and June 25. American citizens who wish to return to the United States and, in particular, persons with underlying medical conditions or who are otherwise at high-risk for severe illness with COVID-19, should consider taking one of these flights or be prepared to remain in the Kingdom until regular commercial service is restored.
Actions to Take:
• Register in STEP and encourage other Americans to do so.
• Ensure your passport is valid and you have funds to purchase a ticket.
• Complete any Saudi exit permit/visa formalities if you wish to travel.
• Cooperate with public policies designed to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
• Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
• For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
• Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
For Assistance Contact:
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.