To commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the historic February 14, 1945 meeting between President Roosevelt and King Abdulaziz, aboard the USS Quincy, the Embassy of the United States of America in Saudi Arabia is launching the “Quincy College Prep Scholarship.” Winners of this scholarship will attend an EducationUSA Academy program in the United States during summer 2020. These programs are designed to help students submit strong applications to U.S. universities through college preparatory content, academic English courses, campus visits, and cultural enrichment opportunities.
The Embassy of the United States of Saudi Arabia will fund up to 10 scholarships, pending availability of funds, to high-performing Saudi high school students between the age of 15-17 years old. More information about EducationUSA Academy and various host universities can be found at https://www.edusaacademy.org/. EducationUSA office at the U.S. Embassy will conduct a set of live webinars with various host universities to share information about the program.
The following U.S. university campuses will host EducationUSA Academy sessions in 2020:
- Diablo Valley College (California)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Florida)
- Northwestern University (Illinois)
- Syracuse University (New York)
- Temple University (Pennsylvania)
- University of Colorado Boulder (Colorado)
- Boston University (Massachusetts)
- St. Cloud State University (Minnesota)
- John’s University (New York)
- University of Tennessee-Knoxville (Tennessee)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (Wisconsin)
Eligibility for EducationUSA Academy:
- Applicants must be Saudi citizens
- Applicants must be current students in high school
- Applicants must be between the age of 15-17 years old
- Applicants must be high-performing students with no less than 90% GPA (Transcripts are required)
- Applicants must demonstrate intermediate English language skills or higher
- Copy of passport
- Copy of all high school years transcripts
- Application form
- Personal statement
- Copy of TOEFL/IELTS score if available
Please note that the deadline is Sunday, February 23, 2020. EducationUSA will contact selected candidates.
For questions or more information about the EducationUSA Academy, please contact:
U.S. Embassy Riyadh EducationUSA Advising Office at EduRiyadh@state.gov or call 011-488-3800 ext.4505).