The U.S. Mission to Saudi Arabia wishes to advise American citizens that the Saudi General Directorate of Civil Defense announced on September 11 via social media that on Thursday, September 19 at 1 PM it will conduct a test of the Emergency Alert Warning siren systems in Riyadh, and the greater Riyadh municipalities of al-Diriyah, Al-Kharj, and Ad-Dilam. More information about the warning sirens can be found on the General Directorate’s English language website at https://www.998.gov.sa/English/CivilProtection/Pages/whistle_alarm.aspx
For further information:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website for Worldwide Caution, Travel Alerts, and Saudi Arabia’s Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabiaat +966 11 488-3800, U.S. Consulate General Dhahran at +966 13 330-3200, and U.S. Consulate General Jeddah at +966 12 667-0080.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.