Mission of the United States of America
Message For U.S. Citizens: Emergency Alert System Test 10 May 2018
The U.S. Mission in Saudi Arabia wishes to advise American citizens that the Saudi General Directorate of Civil Defense has announced that a test of its Emergency Alert System warning sirens will be conducted in Riyadh, the city of al-Kharj, and all cities in the Eastern Province on Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 1 PM.
More information about the warning sirens can be found on the General Directorate’s English website at – http://www.998.gov.sa/English/CivilProtection/Pages/whistle_alarm.aspx
To stay in touch with Mission Saudi Arabia, follow us on our ACS Twitter account @ksa_acs
For further information:
- See theState Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Saudi Arabia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact theS. Embassy in Saudi Arabia at +966 11 488 3800, the U.S. Consulate General Dhahran at +966 13 330 3200, and the U.S. Consulate General Jeddah at +966 12 667-0080.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook