The Social Security Administration (SSA) has consolidated its overseas operations into several regional offices that provide a full range of SSA services for U.S. citizens residing outside of the United States. Effective immediately, individuals residing in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia who require social security services or have questions about SSA benefits must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located at Embassy Rome, rather than the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh, and Consulates General in Jeddah and Dhahran.
Please be advised that the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh and Consulates General in Jeddah and Dhahran can no longer accept telephone calls, emails, or walk-in consultations regarding Social Security issues.
For more information or any questions about the services provided at the FBU in Embassy Rome and how to contact them, please visit their webpage at https://it.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/fbu/ You can also reach them at phone Number +39-06-4674-5929 or Email FBU.Rome@ssa.gov
For comprehensive information on SSA’s services abroad, please visit SSA’s webpage, “Service Around the World” https://www.ssa.gov/foreign/
If you are already receiving SSA benefits payments, there will be no change in the method of distribution of those payments.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Saudi Arabia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia at +966 11 488 3800, the U.S. Consulate General Dhahran at +966 13 330 3200, and the U.S. Consulate General Jeddah at +966 12 667-0080.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook