Security Alert – U. S. Mission Saudi Arabia – June 24, 2018
Event: Media report that Saudi authorities intercepted a missile over Riyadh.
Actions to Take: Monitor local news and review safety procedures in case of missile strikes: https://sa.usembassy.gov/security-alert-u-s-mission-saudi-arabia-safety-procedures-case-missile-strikes/
During an Incident
Go to the most secure area on the lowest level of your current location with the fewest exterior walls, windows, and openings.
Close the door of the room.
Sit on the floor near an interior wall, away from any windows.
If you do not have time to take shelter in a building or find protective cover:
· Lie down and cover your head with your hands to avoid fragment/debris spray.
After the Incident:
· If you are in need of urgent medical care and/or an immediate police response, call the local emergency number for Saudi Arabia (Police – 999) (Ambulance – 997).
· Account for the whereabouts and safety of family members and inform loved ones that you are safe.
· Do NOT approach the missile debris or fragments under any circumstances. Never tap, bang, kick, stand on, or further inspect suspicious objects following a missile strike. Instead, immediately move away from the object(s) to a safe location and report the location to the local authorities
· Monitor major news outlets, official information sources such as the Saudi Press Agencyand the Saudi Civil Defense Directorate (in Arabic), as well as the Mission’s American Citizens Services (ACS) Twitter feeds and website for updates and information. Keep in mind that initial media reporting, and especially social media commentary, may contain inaccurate and possibly misleading information.
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street
Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Emergency Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Falasteen Street intersecting with Al-Andalus Street,
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (12) 667-0080
Emergency Telephone: (966) (12) 667-0080
Fax: (966) (12) 669-3098
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase,
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Emergency Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs (Washington, DC)
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Saudi Arabia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Twitter (@KSA_ACS)