FIFA World Cup – Qatar 2022
Information for U.S. citizens attending the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar
- Stay informed: Register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive e-mails about travel and security information, and other messages important to U.S. citizens in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, or wherever you might travel.
- Closely review and monitor the State Department’s Travel Advisories and Country Specific Information pages for Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
- If you are visiting Saudi Arabia in conjunction with your World Cup attendance, please visit the Saudi HereForYou website for instruction on how to apply for a visa to enter and stay in Saudi Arabia while attending the World Cup (https://hereforyou.sa/#/coming-to-saudi). Consolidated guidance is available at https://hereforyou.sa/HereForYouGuide-en.pdf. More information can be obtained from their call center (dial 911 in Saudi Arabia).
- For further information and entry requirements to Qatar for World Cup attendance, please bookmark and visit U.S. Embassy in Doha, Qatar’s website at https://qa.usembassy.gov/worldcup/.
- Print, download or screenshot U.S. Embassy Doha’s pocket guide to the World Cup.
- Always remain vigilant of your surroundings. More on security related topics can be seen on the country page and Travel Advisory for Saudi Arabia here: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/saudi-arabia.html
- Safeguard your travel documents and visas and ensure that they are current and valid. Authorities in the host country may not permit entry for the World Cup if the original passport registered with the Haya Card is lost or stolen.
- For e-mail Inquiries, please contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate: