The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from Saudi Arabia and the world to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for an academic year of study and professional experience. The program provides a basis for establishing long-lasting, productive partnerships and relationships between citizens of the United States and their professional counterparts in Saudi Arabia and the world, fostering an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding.
The Humphrey fellowship is a competitive one academic year, non-degree program of combined academic and professional opportunities, granted to professional candidates specifically in the following fields:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Management, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons, Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Higher Education Administration
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in Saudi Arabia are available on a competitive basis to Saudi citizens (excluding dual U.S. nationals) living in Saudi Arabia throughout the nomination and selection process who are/have:
- Mid-career professionals in leadership positions who have a commitment to public service and the potential for professional advancement;
- A minimum of five years of professional experience, after completing a four-year, full-time university degree
- Proficient in both written and spoken English with a minimum valid Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 525 paper-based, 195 computer-based or 71 Internet-based. Applicants with TOEFL scores lower than the above can still apply and may be considered for the Long-Term English Humphrey program. Applications without a valid TOEFL test score will not be considered.
Ineligible individuals include recent university graduates, university teachers or academic researchers with no management responsibilities (except in the fields of drug abuse prevention and treatment and the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language), individuals who have attended a graduate school in the United States for one academic year or more during the past seven years, and individuals with other recent U.S. experience (more than six months during the past five years).
Humphrey Fellowship covers a monthly stipend, accident and sickness coverage, international and domestic travel support, tuition, and supplementary funds for professional activities.
Application Procedures: Applicants must complete an online application and submit all supplementary materials online.
Required supplementary materials to be uploaded online include certified true copies of university degree(s) and transcript(s); two letters of recommendation; TOEFL score report; and a copy of the data page of the applicant’s passport. Documents in Arabic must be accompanied by certified English translations.
For information on program dates, deadlines, and questions:
- Visit: http://www.humphreyfellowship.org, Facebook, and YouTube
- E-mail: ExchangeProgramsSaudiArabia@state.gov