Location: Land borders between Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, Bahrain, and the United Arab Emirates
Event: The government of Saudi Arabia has announced additional COVID-19 related restrictions on entry to the Kingdom. Effective at 11:55 PM on March 7, the causeway between Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, and land borders between Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait will be restricted to commercial traffic only (land borders between Saudi Arabia and Qatar have been closed since 2017); air traffic to the Kingdom from Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, and Kuwait will be restricted to international airports in Riyadh, Jeddah, and Dhahran.
Actions to Take:
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Emergency Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Phone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Emergency Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Emergency Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Saudi Arabia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter