Message for U.S. Citizens – April 16, 2020
Location: Saudi Arabia
Event: Given current curfew restrictions in Riyadh, Jeddah, and Dhahran, the Embassy and the Consulates General are teleworking extensively and staffing, in some cases, is reduced. The U.S. Mission’s consular sections remain available to accept urgent phone calls involving the life and safety of American citizens, but we request that all other communications be made by email (see contact information below) until further notice; all visa services have been suspended and the Mission will not accept calls about visa matters. It is helpful to include passport numbers for yourself and other family members and additional contact information, such as phone numbers, in your email communications with us. Assistance in emergencies is available from all three of the Mission’s posts 24 hours a day.
The U.S. Mission is making extensive use of social media to interact with the American community in an efficient, timely fashion. In addition to enrolling in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) and monitoring the U.S. Mission website, all American citizens are strongly encouraged to follow the Mission’s American Citizens Services Twitter account (@KSA_ACS).
Actions to Take:
• Register in STEP and encourage other Americans to do so.
• Follow the U.S. Mission’s ACS Twitter account.
• Cooperate with public policies designed to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
• Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
• For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
• Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
For Assistance Contact:
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Emergency Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Phone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Emergency Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Emergency Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Unsubscribe from STEP