Health Alert: Update on COVID-19
Message for U.S. Citizens – June 7, 2020
Location: The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Event: Saudi Arabia continues to experience sustained community spread of the COVID-19 virus. As of June 6, there were 98,869 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Kingdom. This growing caseload impacts the ability of Saudi Arabia’s medical system to provide care for COVID-19 patients and persons with other medical conditions and there have been some reports of difficulties accessing care. The Mission continues to work with Saudi authorities to facilitate repatriation flights to the United States. There have been 23 such flights since the repatriation process began on April 3. Flights are scheduled to depart Riyadh on June 11 and Jeddah on June 13; there are no other flights scheduled at this time. American citizens who wish to return to the United States and, in particular, persons with underlying medical conditions or who are otherwise at high-risk for COVID-19, should consider taking one of these flights, or be prepared to remain in the Kingdom until commercial service is restored.
Actions to Take:
• Register in STEP and encourage other Americans to do so.
• Ensure your passport is valid.
• Complete any Saudi exit permit/visa formalities if you wish to travel.
• Follow public policies designed to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
• Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
• For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
• Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
For Assistance Contact:
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.