Message for U.S. Citizens – April 22, 2020
Location: Saudi Arabia
Event: To combat the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced a change to curfew hours. The 24-hour curfew remains in effect for Riyadh, Jeddah, Dhahran and other select cities, but residents may travel between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for emergency or essential reasons, such as purchases from pharmacies and food stores or obtaining medical care. This change replaces the current travel hours of 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will take effect at the beginning of Ramadan, expected on April 24.
Requests for exceptions, for example to travel outside of the immediate neighborhood, may be requested from the Saudi Ministry of Interior using the website https://tanaqul.ecloud.sa/login; this website is best accessed on a smart phone but can be translated into English if accessed from a computer. As of April 21, this is a uniform platform for all curfew exceptions. Citizens who have difficulty using the Tanaqul website should contact Ministry of the Interior at 989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
At this time we have no further information on flights to the United States from any airport in Saudi Arabia.
Actions to Take:
• Register in STEP and encourage other Americans to do so.
• Ensure your passport is valid and you have funds to purchase a ticket.
• Complete any Saudi exit permit/visa formalities if you wish to travel.
• Cooperate with public policies designed to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
• Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
• For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
• Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
For Assistance Contact:
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Emergency Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Phone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Emergency Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Emergency Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.