Message for U.S. Citizens – May 27, 2020
Location: Saudi Arabia
Event: The Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has announced new curfew restrictions that will take effect on Thursday, May 28.
From Thursday, May 28, through Saturday, May 30, movement will be permitted throughout the Kingdom between 6 AM and 3 PM, with the exception of Mecca where movement remains prohibited. Travel between different regions of the country will be permitted by private car during non-curfew hours.
From Sunday, May 31, through Saturday, June 20, movement will be permitted in all regions of the Kingdom from 6 AM to 8 PM, with the exception of Mecca where movement will remain prohibited. Domestic air travel will resume but international air travel will remain suspended. Government and private sector businesses and offices will reopen. The suspension of travel between regions by bus, train and other means of transportation will be lifted. Social distancing will continue to be required in public places at all times and gatherings of more than fifty people will be prohibited.
On Sunday, June 21, remaining curfew restrictions will be lifted throughout the Kingdom, with the exception of Mecca, where movement will remain restricted. International air travel will continue to be suspended until further notice.
Actions to Take:
- Register in STEP and encourage other Americans to do so.
- Ensure your passport is valid.
- Complete any Saudi exit permit/visa formalities if you wish to travel.
- Cooperate with public policies designed to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
For Assistance Contact:
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.