Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, December 29, 2020
Location: International flights from Saudi Arabia
Event: The December 27 General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) Circular No. 4/34761 permitted airlines to carry non-Saudi passengers outside the Kingdom subject to certain restrictions.
Saudia Airlines is operating limited international flights to the United States. Other airlines also have limited operations to other countries. You should contact the air carriers directly for availability and requirements, including travel restrictions in countries you might transit to return to the United States.
These flights are for departure from Saudi Arabia only; current Saudi travel restrictions continue to suspend the entry of foreigners into Saudi Arabia. Passengers should be flexible with travel plans, as flights may be changed or cancelled due to evolving travel restrictions within Saudi Arabia. This includes backup lodging arrangements in the event of a flight cancellation, as well as ensuring iqamas and exit visas can be extended or changed if necessary.
Actions to Take Before Travel:
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions. Please note that while you may be able to make an online purchase for a flight, flights may not be guaranteed for departure and your flight may still be cancelled.
- Most U.S. citizens who are in Saudi Arabia on visit visas (business or family visit) will not have additional exit requirements but must depart the Kingdom before the expiration of the authorized period of stay. You can request a visa extension via the Ministry of the Interior website or in person through the General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat).
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest COVID-related travel information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Emergency Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Phone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Emergency Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Emergency Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.