Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, April 7, 2020
Event: To combat the spread of COVID-19, the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced a 24-hour a day curfew in all parts of Riyadh, Tabuk, Dammam, Dhahran, Hafouf, Jeddah, Taif, Qatif and Al-Khobar. This is in addition to previously announced nationwide curfews. Very limited exceptions involving life and safety remain in place, in addition to some allowed activities like purchases from pharmacies and food stores, as well as obtaining medical care.
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Units of the Embassy in Riyadh and the Consulates General in Dhahran and Jeddah will only be able to provide emergency services under this curfew. All individuals seeking such services should send an e-mail to the respective address below for the ACS Unit nearest you with the details of your request.
U.S. citizens can call the nearest Embassy or Consulate and reach a duty officer for assistance with serious emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Detailed contact information is on the Mission website.
Actions to Take:
- Cooperate with public policies designed to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Emergency Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Phone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Emergency Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Emergency Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.