Health Alert: Changes to Jeddah Curfew
Message for U.S. Citizens – June 6, 2020
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Event: The Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has announced new curfew restrictions for the city of Jeddah designed to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus. These restrictions begin today, Saturday, June 6, and will remain in effect until Saturday, June 20. During this period, movement will be restricted within the city between 3 PM and 6 AM; entry to and exit from Jeddah are prohibited during curfew hours. Attendance at public and private workplaces is suspended, with the exception of those specific jobs and professions previously exempted. Attendance at mosques and dine-in service at restaurants and cafes is suspended. Gatherings of more than five people are prohibited.
Actions to Take:
- Register in STEP and encourage other Americans to do so.
- Cooperate with public policies designed to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
For Assistance Contact:
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Emergency Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Phone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Emergency Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Flight assistance line: (966) 55-605-7594
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Emergency Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.