Message for U.S. Citizens – June 21, 2020
Location: Saudi Arabia
Event: The Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has announced the lifting of all curfew restrictions in the country, including in Mecca, effective immediately. Social distancing and the wearing of masks continue to be required
in public places at all times and gatherings of more than fifty people are prohibited. International air travel remains suspended and international borders remain closed. Repatriation flights to the United States are scheduled from Riyadh and Jeddah through June 29, as announced in the Health Alert issued June 7.
Actions to Take:
- Register in STEP and encourage other Americans to do so.
- Ensure your passport is valid.
- Complete any Saudi exit permit/visa formalities if you wish to travel.
- Cooperate with public policies designed to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
For Assistance Contact:
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Saudi Arabia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter