Message for U.S. Citizens – April 28, 2020
Location: Saudi Arabia
Event: Lufthansa German Airlines has announced a flight on Friday, May 8 at 1:55 am from Riyadh’s King Khalid International Airport (RUH) to Frankfurt, Germany (FRA).
Lufthansa will operate the flight only if there is sufficient demand, and American citizen travelers will not be admitted to Germany but must have an onward connection. Lufthansa currently flies to Newark, NJ (EWR) and Chicago, IL (ORD) in the United States. For further information on this flight, please contact the Lufthansa Service Center using the contact details below.
Phone (toll-free): 800 844 7661 (from STC phone number)
800 850 0249 (from non-STC phone number)
Operating hours: 08:00 AM – 16:30 PM
Operating days: Saturday – Thursday
In addition, travelers should consider the self-isolation requirement upon arrival in the United States from Europe.
This flight requires an exception to Saudi curfew restrictions. Requests for exceptions should be directed to the Saudi Ministry of Interior using the website https://tanaqul.ecloud.sa/login; this website is best accessed on a smart phone but can be translated into English if accessed from a computer. Citizens who have difficulty using the Tanaqul website should contact Ministry of the Interior at 989 or email email@example.com for assistance.
At this time we have no further information on flights to the United States from any airport in Saudi Arabia, or any flights from the United States to Saudi Arabia.
Actions to Take:
- Register in STEPand encourage other Americans to do so.
- Ensure your passport is valid and you have funds to purchase a ticket.
- Complete any Saudi exit permit/visa formalities if you wish to travel.
- Cooperate with public policies designed to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
For Assistance Contact:
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Emergency Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Phone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Emergency Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Emergency Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.