Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, January 3, 2021
Location: International flights to Saudi Arabia
Event: The January 3, 2021 General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) Circular No. 4/36252 lifted the temporary suspension of all international flights and travel to Saudi Arabia, which the government of Saudi Arabia had previously enacted on December 21. The Saudi government also reported that land and sea borders have reopened.
In response to the new strain of COVID-19, the government of Saudi Arabia announced additional requirements for Saudi and non-Saudi passengers seeking entry into the country dependent on originating country of travel. Additional information can be found on the Ministry of Interior website and travelers should communicate with their airline for the most current travel information.
Actions to Take Before Travel:
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions. Please note that while you may be able to make an online purchase for a flight, flights may not be guaranteed for departure and your flight may still be cancelled.
- Most U.S. citizens who are in Saudi Arabia on visit visas (business or family visit) will not have additional exit requirements but must depart the Kingdom before the expiration of the authorized period of stay. You can request a visa extension via the Ministry of the Interior website or in person through the General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat).
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest COVID-related travel information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Emergency Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Phone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Emergency Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Emergency Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Saudi Arabia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.