Event: The U.S. Mission is working with Saudi authorities to arrange repatriation flights to the United States on a commercial airline. No flights or departure/arrival locations have been confirmed at this time. When flights are confirmed, the Mission will inform all persons registered in the STEP system, post the information on the Mission website, and distribute it on the Mission ACS Twitter account. U.S. citizens who wish to depart Saudi Arabia on one of these flights will then conduct all reservation and booking transactions directly with the airline; similarly, onward travel arrangements from the arrival point in the United States will be the responsibility of the traveler. It is likely that flights will be scheduled with little advance notice. U.S. citizens should decide now whether they wish to depart Saudi Arabia if a commercial repatriation flight were to become available. Potential travelers should consult CDC guidance on travel, consider health conditions at their final destination, and keep in mind that they likely will not be able to return to Saudi Arabia until full commercial service has been restored. U.S. citizens who wish to depart Saudi Arabia should also ensure that their travel documentation is in order and that they have funds to purchase tickets.
Actions to Take:
- Ensure you are enrolled in STEP and your travel documentation is in order.
- Cooperate with public policies designed to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Emergency Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Phone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Emergency Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Emergency Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Saudi Arabia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter