The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program brings professors from around the world, including Saudi Arabia, to the U.S. to lecture and/or perform research at American universities for three to ten months. The program offers participants the opportunity to expand their professional experience, learn more about the U.S. and teach American students and colleagues about their countries. International and domestic airfare, a monthly stipend, and accident/sickness insurance are provided. Immediate family members may accompany grant recipients.
Fulbright Visiting Scholar grants in Saudi Arabia are available on a competitive basis to Saudi citizens (excluding dual U.S. nationals) living in Saudi Arabia who:
- Have a doctoral degree and wish to research or lecture in an American university campus
- Are fluent in English
- Are interested in promoting greater understanding between Saudis and Americans
A complete application packet includes:
- Online application form
- Detailed statement of proposed research and/or lecturing
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Three reference letters
- Letter of invitation from U.S. institution
- Copies of valid passport for the candidate and his/her accompanying dependent(s)
Material misrepresentation (e.g., plagiarism) at any time during the application or grant periods is grounds for disqualification, selection withdrawal or grant termination, as well as ineligibility for future participation.
Documents in Arabic must be accompanied by certified English translations. Applicants must submit the application form along with all supplementary materials online.