Welcome to the Jeddah Non-Immigrant Visa Unit

The U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah provides Non-Immigrant Visa services to Saudi citizens and third-country nationals residing in Saudi Arabia. Non Immigrant visas are required for travelers who are going to the U.S. on a temporary basis, such as for tourism, studies, business, medical treatment. The type of visa required will depend on the purpose of your travel. Appointments are required for all visa interviews.

Please visit our Global Support Services (GSS) website for complete information on applying for a nonimmigrant U.S. visa, including a directory of nonimmigrant visa categories.

The U.S. Embassy in Riyadh provides immigrant visa services to anyone residing in Saudi Arabia, provided the Department of Homeland Security approves the Immigrant Visa petition first.

How do I make an appointment?

Please click on the link below to make your appointment:

All non-immigrant visa applicants must apply for a visa appointment on-line.  The U.S. Consulate General Jeddah is open for all non-immigrants visa services.

Please note that all applicants aged 14 – 79 must schedule an interview through this service to apply for a nonimmigrant visa.

Please book your visa appointment early, as wait times for appointments vary and some visas require significant processing time.  If you require an expedited appointment because of an emergency, please make your request via our website (  In case of difficulties you may contact us using our email address.

Hours: Visa services are available Sunday to Thursday (excluding holidays), and by appointment only. Non-Immigrant Visa interviews are conducted from 7:30-11:00am.  For further assistance, please contact us through: or

Important Information for Your Appointment

Frequently Asked Questions

In order to continue processing your application, we need additional information. Please complete the following steps:

  1. Type your complete information in the attached Word form (Microsoft Word, x61 KB)
  2. Insert your signature on page 3 of the form. You may copy and paste your signature. For more instructions about this, please read the guidance at this site:
  3. Convert the Word document to JPG format using one of these suggested websites (you may use your own choice of software):

Please email the form in both Word and JPG format as an attachment to  Please return the form within 5 business days for timely processing.  We will notify you once we have received your documents.

Please be sure to include ALL requested information.  If there is not enough space on the form, you may use additional pages or include the additional information in the email.  Failure to provide all of the information may result in your visa being delayed or denied. Once we have reached a final decision on your application, we will contact you with the decision

Applicants under 14 years old who hold Saudi Arabian passports do not need to appear for an interview. Parents can either bring the following documents with them to their visa interview, or ARAMEX the documents to the nearest Embassy (Riyadh) or Consulate General (Dhahran, Jeddah) in order to apply for their child’s visa.

If you choose to mail your documents, please send them to the location nearest you, as in some circumstances the parents of a minor applicant may be requested for an in-person interview.

More information on how to apply at other locations is available on the U.S. Consulate General Dhahran and U.S. Consulate General Jeddah websites.

Documents required:                                                                                           

  • The child’s own passport (family passports are no longer accepted)
  • If the child has a valid US visa in an old or expired passport, please send the passport with the valid US visa
  • 5x5cm photo of child with eyes open (if uploaded into DS-160, photos must be a .jpg between 600×600 and 1200×1200 pixels, less than 240kb, and cannot be digitally altered)
  • A completed DS-160 form
  • Visa Fee Receipt from SAMBA
  • Birth certificate
  • A copy of the valid visa of both parents OR a passport copy from the non-traveling parent with a letter stating no objection to the child’s travel
  • If one parent is a US citizen, please include all dates of US citizen parent’s physical presence in the United States AND a copy of a Consular Report of Birth (CRBA) denial letter OR an affidavit from a US Embassy or Consulate General stating that the US citizen parent is unwilling or unable to obtain the documents required to transmit citizenship to the child
  • For children of students (F2): a copy of the child’s I20
  • Return ARAMEX airway bill

If Embassy Riyadh  is your nearest location, please mail your documents via ARAMEX to this address:
U.S. Consulate Jeddah
Attention: Nonimmigrant Visas
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Applicants under 14 years of age who hold Saudi Arabian passports do not need to appear for an interview if both parents have valid U.S. visas.


Please note that the parents of applicants under 14 years old who are holders of passports from countries other than Saudi Arabia (i.e. who are passport holders of another country) are required to appear for an interview on behalf of the child and should bring the documents mentioned above. These appointments should be scheduled in the name of the child on the regular visa appointment website. Currently, however, nationals of countries that have designated by the U.S. Secretary of State as state sponsors of terror, regardless of age, must appear for an interview.


You can still travel to the United States on this visa.  You may attach the old passport with your new passport and travel. Please make sure that the name, date of birth, and other basic information in the old passport is the same as in the new passport.

Alternatively, you may also choose to make a new application with your new passport so that you can just travel with one passport.

For more information on staying in status with your student visa, visit here.

Students, you may travel to the US on a valid, unexpired student visa even if you changed schools or had a break in your studies, as long as your SEVIS status is active.  If you’ve been out of the US for more than 5 consecutive months, you need to get a new I-20 and pay your SEVIS fee again.

For more detailed information about DHS regulations regarding the use of the F1 visa for an absence of less than five months, please click here