The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at the U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah provides assistance to U.S. citizens in the Western region of Saudi Arabia, including the provinces of Tabuk, Medina, Mecca, Asir, Al Bahah, Jizan and Najran.
Learn more about the services we offer to U.S. citizens here.
In cases of emergency travel (life, death, medical emergency of an American citizen only), please first schedule an appointment and then send an email to the ACS section at whichever post you are applying to with a detailed explanation as to the nature of the emergency. Riyadh – Riyadhacs@state.gov; Jeddah – Jeddahacs@state.gov; Dhahran – Dhahranacs@state.gov
The Embassy and Consulates General can be reached at:
- Riyadh: (966) (11) 488 3800
- Jeddah: (966) (12) 220 5000
- Dhahran: (966) (13) 330 3200
Even after hours, U.S. citizens can call the nearest embassy or consulate and reach a duty officer for assistance with serious emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Public Access to the U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
The public entrance for all consular services (visas and American Citizens services) is located on the west side of the new consulate on Al-Safa Street.
Please arrive fifteen minutes before your appointment to clear security. Applicants who are more than fifteen minutes late for the appointment will be asked to reschedule for another day.
It is not possible to bring the following items into the Consulate General. Please leave them at home or in your car:
- Weapons or hazardous materials of any kind;
- Mobile phones, iPods, iPads, Kindle/Nook or pagers of any type;
- ALL electronic devices;
- All beverages, including bottled water (please see below for infants);
- Shampoo, lotion, creams, toothpaste, hair gel, perfume or similar toiletries; and
- Suitcases or large handbags.
The following items will be allowed under the specified condition:
- Baby formula, food, milk or juice, as well as sanitary items essential for an infant; and
- Medication and medical items prescribed to the applicant and essential for the visit.
For frequently asked questions related to the Consulate move, please click here.