- Consul General
- U.S. Citizen Services
- Procurement Solicitation Packages
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at the U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah provides assistance to U.S. citizens in the Western region of Saudi Arabia, including the provinces of Tabuk, Medina, Mecca, Asir, Al Bahah, Jizan and Najran.
In cases of emergency travel (life, death, medical emergency of an American citizen only), please first schedule an appointment and then send an email to the ACS section at whichever post you are applying to with a detailed explanation as to the nature of the emergency travel. Riyadh – Riyadhacs@state.gov; Jeddah – Jeddahacs@state.gov; Dhahran – Dhahranacs@state.gov
During business hours, telephone calls are answered for emergency issues only. Routine inquiries or visa questions are not accepted by telephone or by the duty officer.
For American Citizen Services emergencies during business hours, the Embassy and Consulates General can be reached at:
- Riyadh: (966) (11) 488 3800
- Jeddah: (966) (12) 220 5000
- Dhahran: (966) (13) 330 3200
For assistance with serious emergencies outside normal business hours, U.S. citizens can call the above phone numbers to reach the nearest embassy or consulate. You will be transferred to a duty officer.
Public Access to the U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
The public entrance for all consular services (visas and American Citizens services) is located on the west side of the new consulate on Al-Safa Street.
Please arrive fifteen minutes before your appointment to clear security. Applicants who are more than fifteen minutes late for the appointment will be asked to reschedule for another day.
It is not possible to bring the following items into the Consulate General. Please leave them at home or in your car:
- Weapons or hazardous materials of any kind;
- Mobile phones, iPods, iPads, Kindle/Nook or pagers of any type;
- ALL electronic devices;
- All beverages, including bottled water (please see below for infants);
- Shampoo, lotion, creams, toothpaste, hair gel, perfume or similar toiletries; and
- Suitcases or large handbags.
The following items will be allowed under the specified condition:
- Baby formula, food, milk or juice, as well as sanitary items essential for an infant; and
- Medication and medical items prescribed to the applicant and essential for the visit.
For frequently asked questions related to the Consulate move, please click here.