The Education Advising Office is building a database of graduates from U.S. colleges and universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. If you would like to be added, please email the following information to EduRiyadh@state.gov (for Riyadh) or EduJeddah@state.gov (for Jeddah), or fax the Form (PDF 202 KB) to 01-488-3989.
- U.S. college/university where you earned your degree
- Year of Graduation
- Degree earned
- Are you willing to be contacted in the future? (Yes/No)
- City of Residence
If you were on a Fulbright Project/Program, also visit the U.S. State Department Alumni website at https://alumni.state.gov
The Department of State’s Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs, Office of Alumni Affairs (ECA/P/A) is pleased to announce the roll-out of the 2023 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF)! The 2023 AEIF promotes an opportunity for selected alumni teams to develop public service-oriented projects that directly support their individual Mission goals and foreign policy objectives.
What you need to know:
– Applications will be accepted from November 2022 to March 1, 2023.
– Funding for individual proposals may range from $5,000 – $35,000.
– Alumni should submit their completed proposal packages electronically to the U.S. Embassy or consulates between November 1, 2022 and March 1, 2023..
How to apply:
Alumni are invited submit proposals using the official proposal and budget forms electronically to U.S. Embassy or consulates , proposals should be submitted to: Camilla Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org and Kawther Ahmed at email@example.com between November 1, 2022 and March 1, 2023. Proposals must be submitted by posts to Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs, Office of Alumni Affairs (ECA/P/A) . Alumni who sent proposals directly to ECA will not be eligible for review. Only proposals submitted using the official forms will be considered for funding. The project proposal must include the involvement of at least two U.S. government-sponsored exchange alumni or involvement of an alumni association. U.S citizen alumni may be included on alumni teams; however, the team must have at least two non-U.S. citizen exchange program alumni leading the project.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Project Team Information: At least two exchange alumni team members are required for a project to be considered for funding. Applications need to provide the name and contact information, describe the role each team member will have in the project, and their experience, qualifications, and ability to carry out that role. Applicants need to indicate what proportion of the team member’s time will be used in support of the project.
- Proposal Summary: A short narrative which outlines the proposed project, including challenge/s to be addressed, project objectives, and anticipated impact.
- Project Goals and Objectives: The goal/s of the proposed project need to describe what the project is intended to achieve and include the objectives which support the goal/s. Objectives should be specific, measurable, and realistically achievable in a set time frame.
- Project Methods, Design, and Timeline: A description of how the project is expected to work to solve the stated problem and achieve the goal/s. This should include a description of the project’s direct and indirect beneficiaries as well as a plan on how to continue the program beyond the grant period, or the availability of other resources, if applicable. The proposed timeline for the project activities should include the dates, times, and locations of planned activities and events. Applicants may also submit proposed workshop or training agendas and materials.
- Local Project Partners: A list of partners who will support the proposed project, if applicable.
- Communication Plan: The communication plan should include a communication and outreach strategy for promoting the proposed project. It may include social media, websites, print news, or other forms of media intended to use to share information about the project to beneficiaries and the public. Communications should include AEIF 2023, ExchangeAlumni, and U.S. Embassy branding.
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation Plan: The Monitoring and Evaluation component of the proposal should outline in detail how the proposal’s activities will advance the program’s goals and objectives. This should include any outcomes showing a change in knowledge, awareness, and attitudes; improved quality of services; increased capacity at a school, group; etc. Proposals should also include how the grantee will measure the impact of planned activities.
- Budget Justification Narrative: Applicants must submit a detailed budget and budget narrative justification utilizing the template provided. Line-item expenditures should be listed in the greatest possible detail. Budgets shall be submitted in U.S. dollars and final grant agreements will be conducted in U.S. dollars.
AEIF 2023 Budget Form (xlsx 35 KB)
AEIF 2023 Proposal Form (docx 75 KB)