Alert – U.S. Embassy Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, March 25, 2020
Event: To combat the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has announced the following updated restrictions: 1. Travel between regions of the country is prohibited; 2. Travel into or out of the cities of Riyadh, Mecca, and Medina is prohibited; 3. For the cities of Riyadh, Mecca, and Medina, the previously announced curfew of 7 PM to 6 AM has been revised to a 3 PM to 6 AM curfew, with very limited exceptions involving life and safety. This new curfew will begin tomorrow, March 26, 2020, and will extend until April 14, 2020. The 7 PM to 6 AM remains in effect for other parts of the country.
Actions to Take:
- Cooperate with public policies designed to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Saudi Arabia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As Sahmi Street Roundabout no. 9, Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Emergency Telephone: (966) (11) 488-3800
Fax: (966) (11) 488-7670
U.S. Consulate General Jeddah
Al Safa Street, Al Muhammadiyah District, near the new American School building.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Phone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Emergency Telephone: (966) (12) 220-5000
Fax: (966) (12) 220-5093
U.S. Consulate General Dhahran
Between KFUPM and King Abdulaziz Airbase, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Emergency Telephone: (966) (13) 330-3200
Fax: (966) (13) 330-6816
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.