Closure of U.S. Embassy and Consulates General
The U.S. Embassy in Riyadh and Consulates General in Dhahran and Jeddah will be closed August 20 – 23 for the Eid-al-Adha/Hajj holidays.
For emergencies, please contact appropriate Saudi local authorities and then inform the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate using the contact information below.
Local first responders in Saudi Arabia can be reached at:
During evenings, weekends, and holiday periods, U.S. citizens can call the nearest embassy or consulate and reach a duty officer for assistance with emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Important Hajj Information
Thousands of U.S. citizens make the annual Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, every year. This year the Hajj will fall between August 19 – 24. U.S. citizens planning to make the pilgrimage this year will find useful information on the following websites:
- Saudi Embassy in Washington D.C. Contact Info
- Saudi Ministry of Hajj Contact Information
- CDC traveler’s information Hajj and Umrah in Saudi Arabia
- Department of State Hajj Fact Sheet
- Mission Saudi Arabia Hajj 2018 Brochure
Additionally, contact information for The National Tawafa Establishment for Pilgrims of Turkey and Muslims of Europe, Americas, and Australia can be found below:
Makkah Al- Mukarramah
Al Nuzha Road
PO Box 9772
Follow us on Mission Saudi Arabia’s Twitter (@KSA_ACS) for additional Hajj-related information.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, and the Saudi Arabia Country Page.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia at +966 11 488 3800, the U.S. Consulate General Dhahran at +966 13 330 3200, and the U.S. Consulate General Jeddah at +966 12 667-0080.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.